Sunday, January 18, 2009

Broken TV = Basement Renovation!

On Wednesday morning I was on the treadmill; we've been having problems with our TV snapping, clicking and flicking in and out. I thought I'd turn off and on the TV to fix the snapping.....snapping turned to zapping and that was the end of my Sony 46er!

Funny enough our friends exact same TV crapped out last week with a $500.00 service call to fix it. The Big Man and I decided to say farewell to our Sony and purchased a brand new 50 inch flat screen plasma on Friday. The new TV is being delivered on Monday so on the spur of the moment we decided to re-paint our basement (we affectionately are now calling it the bottom-room)!

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

While I was busy painting, the Big Man was occupied with something else........all I can say is better him than me! See all that snow and not even a weather warning on the Weather Network. What the heck are they thinking over there?

January 18 Snow

We purchased a new light fixture that has directional halogen bulbs. This photo is a bit dark but shows how nice and cozy the new bottom-room will be to snuggle up and watch TV in.

New Basement

Just like the kitchen, we used the Sico Cashmere paint from Rona in the colours Surreal Blue for the lighter colour and Charcoal Slate for the darker.

THIS IS FOR J.T. ESQ....COME AND GET IT BIG BOY!!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love the redo...it looks wonderful. So nice and cozy.

Renee said...

the bottom room looks really lovely and cozy now. good job. enjoy the flatscreen.

Stephanie said...

Hey my friend...I gave you an award. Check out my blog to "grab" the award picture.