Monday, August 4, 2008

Long Weekend!

Today's post will be a recap of all the things I accomplished during this past Long Weekend. I started out on Saturday by tackling my Cherry Tree below and the back garden surrounding it.

Saturday = Full and Overgrown

Sunday = Neat and Tidy

It took two days to get everything back to normal. Since I work afternoons, I was spending too much of my mornings out walking and had sort of let things slide in the yard. With all the rain we have been having, it just got out of control. I think I am going to dedicate Wednesday and Saturday mornings to yard work from now on.

New to Me Shoes from Double V

I hooked up with a girlfriend on Saturday afternoon for a little break from yard work. We went to Fabricland, Value Village and then had Chinese Buffet for dinner. (I swear, cough, I tried to be good!).

I know, eww, I bought second hand shoes but look at them, their great! The top ones are Nine West; not sure about the bottom, but hey cut out Mary-Janes how could I leave them behind. I think they will look great in the winter with dark tights. Kinda hard to tell in the picture, but I also bought a Melmac-Melamine bowl resembling a Rachel Ray garbage bowl. Mine was considerably cheaper at $1.99.

Moth

Butterfly/Moth

Just as I was finishing up on Sunday I noticed a butterfly/moth? lounging about on my purple cone flowers. I scooted inside for the camera. Thankfully it was nice enough to stick around for a couple of snaps! I've had my camera for about 2 years now. I've never really used it much before, so I'm just starting to learn all the settings. I've borrowed a book from the Library called Digital Photography for Dummies. Hopefully, this might make an improvement in picture quality, that is if I ever find the time to read the book!

Echinacea

My Girl

My Girl sat out and supervised, happily drinking water and apparently eating too much grass. I only know this fact because of the lovely pile of half digested grass that was barfed (sorry) up on my kitchen floor this morning! Such a nice thing to deal with before coffee.

Completely exhausted, no make-up, bed head, probably not smelling my finest!


Strelitzia

A co-worker gave me a bulb to plant this past spring. She said it was a Bird of Paradise (Strelitzia). I'm not sure that's true because it doesn't look like one according to Wiki. Who cares....it has totally exceeded all of my expectations!! I love it when people walk past the house and point!! That's the best compliment of all. If you happen to know what it's "really" called, please let me know in the comments.

My Big Man spent some time on Sunday giving me a set of back brakes. These new ones are just perfect, the last set I had were "grabbing". Thanks Babe!! I love them.

Other than that, just got back from lunch at Swiss Chalet with some friends who we should be hooking up with for a movie later tonight.

Oh yeah, since it's Monday it is time for a 32point5 update. I have more shrinkage, but no droppage of pounds (sigh) still the same number. Oh well better to be the same than up eh? I promise that before this year is up, 32point5 will be met. Phew, at least I've got another 11 months to get there!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the moth and dog pictures!

Stephanie said...

Thanks Lauren!

Anonymous said...

Cute shoes!!