Monday, July 28, 2008

Poppy

Absolutely nothing exciting happened today.

Started out with the 32point5 weekly numbers. Sadly, I have no good news to tell. I am neither up nor down but exactly the same as last week. I knew this was going to happen since I overdid it with the food and drinks on the weekend (no regrets though!).

Did another 5 KM with the Big Man and the dog this morning, went to work then came home.

POPPY FROM MY BACK GARDEN

I can't wait for this weekend, especially since it's a long weekend. I have so much work to do in my yard. So far, this is my favorite picture from my garden this year. I love the top of the picture, it's like the petal edges are on fire! Click on the picture to see what I mean.

Sorry for the dull post today, I promise something exciting will happen some day soon.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poppy's! I am trying to grow them! In Brooklyn. In the skybar. We'll see.

Stephanie said...

Jocelyn -- I think that poppy's should take at the skybar. Do you have perennials up there already or only annuals? I put my plant in about 5 years ago and have never moved it. I took this picture on the morning it opened. Of course it rained hard the next day and crapped the blooms out!....Love the skybar!! So jealous.

Anonymous said...

I have both. This is the first year I have grown them. No blooms yet. And I promised my roommate opium!

Stephanie said...

Jocelyn -- Snicker...if only eh?