Sunday, October 16, 2011

Week 19 and a Quilt Show Visit

Week 19 from Cooper's CSA Farm & Maze included; brussel sprouts, sweet corn an all white variety called Avalon-last of the season, radishes, purple carrots, spaghetti squash, and garlic.


The purple carrots were really interesting, when peeled they were a dark beet purple but still orange in the middle.  I ate them raw with some dip, tasted like carrots but somehow not just as sweet.  Co-workers were really interested in them and I got a lot of "what are you eating" questions.


Sunday my Mom and I visited the Rouge Valley Quilters Guild 2011 Quilt Show and Sale which was held at the Ajax Community Centre.


This was personally my favourite quilt of the show.  I loved that it was made entirely from stash scraps and I thought the circle top-stitching was a perfect choice to compliment the pattern.  See photo below for further information.


Now that our house has sold and I don't have to keep it 100% perfect at all times I've had some free time to work on this quilt below that my Husband has claimed as "His".


The pattern is called "A Sparkling Sampler" from McCall's Patchwork and Quilting.  I started it Christmas Day last year and am hoping to have it done by this Christmas this year.

No comments: