Saturday, April 4, 2009

Fly Away Home

Fly Away Home

Here it finally is! This was my labour of love over the winter. It took me from December 2008 to the beginning of March 2009 to complete this quilt. The pattern is titled "Fly Away Home" designed by Joanna Figueroa of Fig Tree Quilts, published in the December 2008 American Patchwork & Quilting magazine.

Fly Away Home

We wanted a quilt to hang on the wall area above our stairs to the basement. I liked this pattern immediately and knew it would be a great way to use up some of my Moda fabric "Charm Packs". Included was "Swell", "Wee Play", "Full Moon Forest", "Porcelain" and "Za Za".

Above shows the perspective of how it fits in to the wall. I live in a raised bungalow with 10 foot ceilings; at the entrance you can either go up a few flights to the main floor or down to the basement. Hence the previous "Big giant wall of NOTHING".

Remember -- clicking on the pictures makes them bigger to see the details up close.

I so loved how this turned out! The measurements were exact, every corner and point lined up perfectly and was a pleasure to sew and cut. I never pre-wash my fabrics because I like the crinkly look after washing.

Yeah, all done! I am already working on another quilt will fill you in on the details on that one soon.

On the 32point5 subject, things are going good. My running schedule got messed up due to the training week at work. I am definitely a "morning workout" person! How do you people work the horrible 9 to 5? Check out this Healthy Living blog by Meghann called "The Inner Workings of a College Graduate - running, eating & living in the real world".

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your quilt looks lovely, dear. Hope to see it in person on Sat., the 18th of April. Bob and Marg celebrate 50 years today, April 4th, and they are renewing their wedding vows on Sunday, April 19 and we plan to be there. See you soon, Love Mom

crazyquiltlady said...

I love it 32.5- great job -looks perfect on the wall - need to get motivated to finish one and start a new one---You rock

Stephanie said...

Your quilt is beautiful and perfect. You are the master quilter. I'm glad to hear the 32.5 plan is going well.

Marilyn said...

The quilt looks awesome !!! Perfect spot on the wall too. I'm jealous because sewing on a button is the extent of my skills. And. .. on the heels of last night's conversation - jogging is great but . . GET THAT KNEE LOOKED AT !!