Sunday, February 15, 2009

Martha Stewart Living February 2009

Ever have this problem? She's more of a hindrance than help! This weekend I was able to get the back pieced and my quilt sandwiched and basted. Now I just have to decide on how I'm going to top-stitch it.

I like reading The Quilting Bookworm, Sara has a lot of great blogs listed on her sidebar. This is where I found another Sarah at Looking In. To justify her magazine subscription to Martha Stewart Living, she makes the effort to do one thing from each new issue. I thought this was a great idea!

I decided to make Cote de Boeuf With Hash Browns from the February 2009 issue.

My husband bought the beef from Halenda's. I only had one potato so I substituted with a sweet potato.


Everything turned out as well as I expected. However, this was way too rich of a meal for us. We both had a bit of a tummy ache after eating it. Separately, each dish would be great on their own with a nice side salad. If I ever made the Hash Browns again, I don't think I would saute the onions in the bacon drippings; olive or vegetable oil would be lighter tasting.


The steak was great even though as usual, I cooked it too long. The 10 minutes specified would have been perfect.
So that's about it, nothing exciting going on. Just the usual February dul-drums. See you soon!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Can't wait to see the finished quilt! I am sure you will figure out a great way to do it, but I would not do each individual flying geese, that would take forever!!!!! The food looks great!