Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Pin Cushions


I found the tutorial for these Pin Cushions at whip up quite a while ago. I had the fabric circles cut out and sitting in a zippy bag on top of my microwave forever. I freely admit to having the worst habit of starting something, getting it all organized and ready and then just stopping.

I'm trying to make a concentrated effort in stopping this annoying habit. This week I have cleaned out the front hall coat closet that my husband has been begging me to do for weeks and finished these pin cushions. At least now I have a few cute little hostess gifts at the ready!

In the back ground is the December 2008 issue of American Patchwork and Quilting magazine published by Better Homes and Gardens. I've started working on the quilt in the back ground. I have about 150 of the 348 flying geese blocks completed so far.

Mum and Dad hope you enjoy your Florida Thanksgiving tomorrow! XOXO

3 comments:

Sara said...

Like the pincushions and love the quilt. Can't wait to see it when its finished. I get that magazine too and love that one! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Renee said...

i'm looking at my copy of that magazine right now and thinking of how brave you are. lol. i just got my copy about a week ago and i still haven't picked out anything to try yet. this is my first issue and there is so much to choose. lol. can't wait to see your quilt. you're already half way done almost. take care.

Stephanie said...

I love the pincushions. I'll have to make sure I have you over during the Christmas season....LOL.