Sunday, September 14, 2008

This is...what I do with a spare 10 minutes

I have no children (Don't be sad, it's by choice. We're far too lazy to have offspring!) so I am more blessed than others with the occasional spare 10 minutes. However when it occurs, this is what I love to do.

Ten Minutes

Oh how I so love to sit down with a good cup of something--today's beverage is coffee since it might look really bad to the neighbours to be cracking out the red wine at 8 AM--and read some magazines.

These are some of my favourite magazines:

Food and Drink which is a free publication produced by our government liquor store the LCBO.

Canadian Living excellent all around magazine. So much better than Chatelaine who declares you a winner and awards you a great prize that never shows up...crapbags! I'll never forgive you for that nor read your magazine again EVER!

BHG American Patchwork and Quilting, especially the bi-annual "Quilt Sampler". Their web page takes a bit to load, but if you like quilting, worth the 10 second wait.

I also have a book there from the Library. I love the Library as geeky as it seems. Did you know they have Books, Magazines, Newspapers, movie DVD's and music CD's. I figure if I'm paying so much in taxes to maintain a Library I might as well enjoy it. I like that they have an on line catalogue. I can browse from home, make my choices though the internet and then just pop by in the morning before work and they have them all nice and ready for me. How convenient is that!

Hope you can find the time to enjoy 10 minutes for yourself today. This weeks question was asked by Hoppo Bumpo.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Thanks for adding What Now Wanderers to your blog links! We really appreciate it!