Thursday, September 4, 2008

Baked Potato Skins

The Big Man and I NEVER watch NFL football yet come Super Bowl Sunday we always have our own little party with bad-for-you snacks, drinks and the HDTV cranked up loud!

Last year for our party menu we included Potato Skins. OMG they are so freaking good....we just couldn't wait till next February's Super Bowl party, so we caved and made some last weekend. Come along and follow through the process and I can guarantee you'll be wanting some Spud Skins of your own next weekend!

Potato Skins

BAKED POTATO SKINS

I found the recipe on All Recipes. Click on the following links for the "Baked Potato Skins Recipe" and instructions on how to make a "Perfect Baked Potato" -- the baked potato recipe alone is kick-butt!

INGREDIENTS

HOLLOWED OUT BAKED POTATOES

SPREADING ON THE OIL

ADDING THE CRISPY BACON

FINALLY THE CHEDDAR CHEESE

Now I do admit that these take a bit of effort. I usually bake the potatoes in the morning so they can cool down; then finish off the rest of the process later in the day. They are so totally worth the effort! So does anyone want to come over to my house to watch the Super Bowl next February 1st?

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

YUMMY!! Yes, please let me first on the invitation list. Yummy yummy yummy.

nerrad said...

I LOVE POTATO SKINS. I don't watch football either. But when you add good food and good friends suddenly it's not that bad of a sport.

Sara said...

Those look SO good! I love potatoe skins. I may just have to try out the recipe next weekend! And I would gladly come to your superbowl party if you are serving those!

Stephanie said...

QN, Nerrad and Sara -- you're all on the list. Ha Ha!