Thursday, July 31, 2008

Salsa!

Mmm, Salsa! My Big Man wanted Chicken Fajitas for dinner today. This of course means homemade Salsa must be made.

Ingredients

All Lined Up for Imminent Death

The recipe comes from my Oster Fusion Blender that I told you about before:

1 large garlic clove
1 can (15 oz.) whole tomatoes, drained
1 medium onion, roughly chopped (I only use a 1/4 onion, one onion is way too much)
1/2 cup cilantro leaves (Use more or less depending how you like cilantro)
1 to 4 jalapeno peppers, quartered (I generally only use 1 large jalapeno)
1/2 to 1 tsp. sugar
Salt to taste
1 Tbsp. lime juice

Bzzzz.......

I squish the garlic through a press into the bottom of the blender. Add the salt and sugar, top that with half the can of tomatoes. In the middle layer; add the onion, jalapeno, cilantro and lime juice then top with the other half of the drained tomatoes.

The blender has a food-chop option. You just press this button once and that's it. The food chop option very slowly mixes all the ingredients in a side-to-side action at a slow speed for about 45 seconds. Much different than a "regular blender". Every time the salsa tastes just a little bit different. Sometimes more limey, oniony, salty or spicier. Just depends on the proportions.

Yummy!
So below is a sneak peak from what I was doing tonight after work.

Raspberry

Ruby Red Raspberries

Other than that, not to much happened today just the general blah, blah, blah. My only question that I just don't understand.... how I can hardly eat anything yesterday but some how can magically gain 4 pounds overnight? WTF!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where is the recipe?? LOL SD

Anonymous said...

ok, I'm stunned...please feel free to delete my previous comment. I see the recipe now. sd

Stephanie said...

SD--Crap woman....go to bed, no work today/tomorrow?? I was in mid post. Your just to freakin quick!!

Lauren said...

I tried to make salsa with a blender once. It came out as sticky tomato paste...

Stephanie said...

Lauren -- In a regular blender I would agree. Yuck it would be like pureed soup! This blender I have though, I love it! So many settings and speeds, it has never let me down yet. I highly recommend it!