Sunday, August 14, 2011

CSA Week 10

This weeks half share from Cooper's CSA Farm & Maze was interesting.  It had two huge Cantaloupes, Strawberries, Romaine Lettuce, Cucumbers and Okra.


The Cantaloupe was very good, sweet and juicy without being mushy.  The cucumber I have been taking sliced in my lunch sprinkled with Splenda, Vinegar, salt and pepper.  The strawberries were simply sliced and eaten with lunch.


I will admit the Okra is still sitting in my fridge.  I really have no idea what to do with it.  I'm kind of afraid cause I've heard that it's "slimy".  It looks very interesting; any suggestions.......


Saturday our friend TJ had us over for dinner.  As always everything was fantastic; BBQ'ed Ribs, Quinoa salad with feta, herbs, tomatoes and cucumber with corn on the cob with cilantro lime butter.

As you can see desert above was so pretty, homemade Raspberry Ice cream with chocolate Pim's cookies.....just perfect.


After dinner we sat around the backyard campfire.  It looks so totally real but it is propane!  It's called "Patioflame" by Napoleon Gourmet Grills.  We have a pagoda, but  since we live in the city I'm always afraid that someone might complain.  The Patioflame was awesome, no annoying smoke and plenty of perfectly warm heat.

No comments: